Your Noblesville & Tipton Orthodontist
Meet Kara E. Smith, DDS, MSD
Orthodontics changed Dr. Kara E. Smith's life, and now she's passionate about changing the lives of her patients. Born with congenitally missing teeth, orthodontics not only transformed her smile and function but also boosted her confidence.
She believes that if she can change one person’s life the way hers was changed through orthodontic treatment, then her career would be a success.
Dr. Smith finds fulfillment in creating beautiful, functional smiles, seeing confidence and self-esteem bloom in her patients, and getting to know each patient on a personal level over the course of their treatment.
She loves working in this wonderful community and delights in seeing smiling, familiar faces around town.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontists - Member
- American Dental Association - Member
- Indiana Dental Association - Member
- Indianapolis District Dental Society - Member
- Indiana University Orthodontics Alumni Association - Past President
Education & Experience
- Indiana University Bloomington - Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Minor in Art History
- Indiana University School of Dentistry - Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Indiana University School of Dentistry - Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD) from Orthodontic Residency
Outside of the Office
Dr. Smith grew up in West Newton, IN, and has lived in Noblesville since 2006. She’s married and has three kids: two girls and a boy. They share their home with a yellow lab, a gray fluffy cat, and a goldfish they won at the school carnival.
When she's not creating beautiful, functional, confidence-building smiles, Dr. Smith is usually taking the kids to one of their many activities or chasing the dog around. If she does find a few minutes to herself, though, you might find her at the Midland Trace Trail or at Barre class.
She loves the beach and the mountains and actively practices random acts of kindness.