Smiles for All Seasons
Whether you're a child, teen, or adult, we have the expertise and care to create personalized orthodontic solutions for every stage of life. No matter your age, we're here to help you get a beautiful, happy smile that lasts all seasons.
Orthodontics for Children
Dr. Condict, Dr. Kunkel, Dr. Smith, and the American Association of Orthodontists all recommend that children see an orthodontist no later than their seventh birthday.
By this age, permanent molars and incisors are usually present, making it an ideal time to assess tooth eruption and development. Early treatment, known as Phase I treatment, can be highly beneficial in addressing potential issues and guiding proper growth.
At Align Orthodontics, we offer complimentary observation appointments to monitor your child's growth and find the perfect treatment plan for them.
Early (Phase I) Treatment
Early treatment, also known as Phase I treatment, allows us to address various orthodontic concerns and provide the following benefits:
- Safely widen the upper jaw
- Reduce the need for removing permanent teeth
- Avoid the necessity for jaw surgery
- Decrease the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful habits like thumbsucking
- Enhance aesthetics and self-esteem
- Simplify and shorten the definitive orthodontic treatment
- Reduce the likelihood of impacted teeth
- Improve speech development and lip competence
- Guide permanent teeth into the proper position
Does My Child Need Phase I Treatment?
Phase I treatment may be beneficial for your child if they exhibit signs of:
- Crossbite, whether in the front or back
- Habits such as thumbsucking or mouth breathing
- Severe crowding
- Blocked out or impacted teeth
- Space maintenance in case of early loss of baby teeth
- Self-esteem issues due to spaced or crooked teeth
How Long Does Phase I Treatment Last?
Phase I treatment typically lasts around 12 – 14 months. Depending on the development and eruption of permanent teeth, a second phase of treatment may or may not be necessary.
Orthodontics for Teens
During the age range of 11 – 15, teens experience rapid growth and the arrival of their remaining permanent teeth. Properly coordinating tooth alignment with growth is essential.
At Align Orthodontics, we aim to begin treatment during this ideal time, striving to complete it before high school starts whenever possible.
How Long Will I Have Braces?
Treatment duration varies, but our goal is to be efficient without compromising quality. Most cases take around 12 – 18 months. Significant bite issues may require up to 24 months for resolution, considering growth in correcting the bite.
Do I Need to Miss School for
No, our team ensures orthodontic treatment integrates seamlessly into your life. We offer after-school appointments for regular adjustments, and Dr. Condict, Dr. Kunkel, and Dr. Smith make every effort to provide coverage for unforeseen issues during weekends or after hours.
Orthodontics for Adults
At Align Orthodontics, we recognize that more than one in five new orthodontic patients in Noblesville and Tipton are adults. Age should never be a barrier to a healthy, happy smile. With faster, more effective, and more affordable treatment options, you have every reason as an adult to pursue orthodontic care.
Why Get Treatment as an Adult?
Adult orthodontic treatment offers you various benefits beyond getting a beautiful, healthy smile. It can prevent severe tooth decay, gum and bone loss, and alleviate TMJ pain.
Consider discussing orthodontics with your dentist to incorporate it into your restorative treatment plan, enhancing stability, aesthetics, and possibilities for planned restorations.
What Are My Options?
Adults have numerous treatment options to improve their smiles, such as:
- Ceramic braces: Tooth-colored brackets blend with your teeth, providing the speed and control of traditional braces without the metallic appearance.
- Clear aligners: A series of clear plastic aligners gradually move your teeth, allowing you to maintain regular oral hygiene during treatment.
Start With a Free Consultation
No matter your age, Align Orthodontics with Dr. Condict, Dr. Kunkel, and Dr. Smith is your destination for an amazing smile. Our talented team is equipped with the latest tools and techniques to promote dental health and transform your smile from ordinary to extraordinary.